Volunteer as a Senior Companion
Make a Difference by Impacting other Adults,
Your Community, and Yourself as a Volunteer
Why are Senior Companions Important?
By offering love and support, Senior Companions forever change the lives of the adults they serve and their own lives as well. Senor Companions remain active and engaged with knowing they are needed and make a difference in their communities. The relationship developed between the Senior Companion and those they serve is the heart of this program. The intangible benefits of being a Senior Companion are immeasurable.
Senior Companion Volunteer Benefits
- Flexible scheduling and time off
- Companionship with fellow seniors
- Love received from other adults they serve
- Tax-Free stipend averaging over $200 a month provided to those who meet financial guidelines.
- Reimbursement for meals and transportation costs
- Monthly training sessions
Become a Senior Companion Volunteer
Becoming a volunteer is easy and rewarding with the following requirements:
- Be 55 years of age or older
- Have a genuine love for others
- Be able to volunteer at least 15 hours per week
- Submit an application and schedule an interview
- Complete screening and background process
- Complete orientation training
Click here for a Senior Companion Application Form