Foster Grandparent Program
Make a Difference By Impacting Children, Your Community, and Yourself as a Volunteer
Why are Foster Grandparents Important?
By offering love and support, Foster Grandparents forever change the lives of the children they serve and their own lives as well. Children receive much needed love, care, and assistance through one-on-one attention. Foster Grandparents remain active and engaged with knowing they are needed and make a difference in their communities.
Join the program today and see what a win-win opportunity this is for the volunteers and those they serve!
What Foster Grandparents Do
- Serve as mentors, role models, tutors, and caregivers for children who need extra attention and assistance.
- Use their life experiences in providing assistance, support, love, and companionship.
- Work one-on-one or in small groups under the supervision of trained professional staff.
- Help children develop the skills, confidence and strength to succeed in life.
- Volunteer 15-40 hours each week in a variety of community organizations including schools, Head Starts and non-profit daycare centers.
- Make their neighborhood stronger by remaining active in their community and helping children achieve their goals.
- Benefit physically, mentally, and emotionally from being needed and staying active.
Click here for a Foster Grandparent Volunteer Application Form